Sunday, June 16, 2013

First Aid Kit

I have always carried a small first aid kit in my diaper bag for Toad, but now with the bus, I needed something more substantial.


I started by gathering some stuff. I actually have a bin in my bathroom with misc items, such as bandaids, manicure set, alcohol swabs.


I put it all together, and thought-- now what?


This was the "stuff" I thought I would need.


Out of focus, but children's and adults tylenol and ibuprofen.

Some things I organized in ziploc bags and used a Sharpie.

Some extra things-- off and hotshots-- instant heat pack. I also have a cold/hot pack in another ziploc.


First, I wanted it easy to access in an emergency, or if I needed it. I decided to use this: http://shop.ju-ju-be.com/Fuel-Cell-at-Your-PID10822-08AA09A.aspx. Firstly, I "collect" these bags. Second it has everything I want it to have:

  1. It has a quick grab handle at the top. In fact, it has a lobster clasp and d-ring, so you can "clip" it on another bag or secure it on your stroller or somewhere else.

  2. It has a rounded zipper so you can stuff it!

  3. It has a zippered see through compartment at the top (see photo)

  4. It is cute!

  5. I had it in the closet.



Isn't it pretty? And functional!

The two way zipper!


The top pocket. I actually ended up folding the list and sticking it up there behind the scissors.


So, what is in a GOOD, COMPLETE First Aid Kit?

 

I started to look for lists, scour the dollar store, and compile my stuff. It is ALOT of stuff. But you should pack what you think you MIGHT need!

 

 

How was I going to know what I had or needed? I made a spreadsheet. This way I can see what I have or what I don't have and can add to the list if I think of something else.

 

I have one day of meds for my husband, as well as extra contacts. I also have latex gloves. I think the rest of the stuff is standard first aid stuff.


 Here is a list:

Medications
Cold and Flu Pills
Tums
Acid/Heartburn Reducer
Coryzallia – naturopathic cold meds for kids
Electrolyte powder
Tylenol 1 with codeine
1 day of meds for AB
Bottle of Ibuprofen (new)
Bottle of Tylenol (new)
Bottle of Children’s Tylenol (new)
Gravol (adults)
Gravol (Children's)



First Aid Supplies
Tweezers
Scissors
Hydrogen Peroxide (spray)
Polysporin (adults and kids)
Hand Sanitizer
Gauze/Tape
Alcohol Swabs
Hot/Cold Pack
Bandaids
Latex Gloves
Eye drops
Thermometer

 

 

Miscellaneous

Q Tips

Hotel Kit – emery board, floss

1 day of contacts for JB

1 day of contacts for AB

Nail Clippers

Off! Wipes

Sunscreen

Package of Halls

Blistex with SPF 15

Kleenex

Hotshots (mitts/boots) or instant heat pad

Feminine products

Extra ziplocs ( 1 of each size)



 

It fits nicely on the shelf in the vanity of the bus. I've used it ALOT. (thankfully not for any emergencies, but I am ready!)


Empty. Lots of room! Very deceiving.

Packed up with room to spare!





Do you have a First Aid Kit? 

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment