Friday, February 28, 2014

First Trip Booked!

Amidst snow banks and ice, I am so very happy to report that we have booked our first bus trip for 2014.

This. Just NO.

Last year at this time we were preparing to leave for Orlando on the bus. This year, due to many circumstances (6 feet of ice snow around the bus being one), we are not able to go. The price of diesel fuel has skyrocketed. And, we found that all that traveling for one week was a lot!


After my much-needed research on a destination for a few days- not too far away, things to see and do....

Trip #1 is to Association Island in NY State.


 



You might remember that last year, we spent our May 24 weekend in Lake Placid, NY. Just beautiful. If you haven't been there, check out our photos!


 

Allow me to give you some details on this year's May 24 trip.


1) May Long Weekend (usually Adam's birthday)

2) We are going with the Herliheys! (Yay!)

3) I'm counting the days.

 

Doesn't this look amazing? A whole ISLAND to ourselves? And we booked "Lakefront" sites. So cool!

 

Here is something I didn't mention in my last post. We stay at KOA campgrounds alot because we know we will fit (important) and they always have great amenities. The KOA website also has their own "reviews". I checked here first in my research:

 


Then I went to RV Park Reviews and found some more info.

 

Then Google Maps! Not too bad of a drive for a 4 day weekend. Near a town to get supplies, and a bonus was the State Park that is so close!

 

 

Well, everything was coming together. I went online and booked! Cannot wait. 

Countdown starts now.

Here are some other photos: 

 

 

 

Just can't wait to get back on the bus, get things organized, and hit the road!


Many more bus trips in the works....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment